I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
"If i can get _________ perfect, I will live happily ever after..." Perfect Beauty, Body, House, Children..
Contentment is NOT earned; it's LEARNED.
Content- is a state of satisfaction that is independent of circumstances, and we learn contentment by TRUSTING in Christ, who gives us STRENGTH.
Contentment is a sense of satisfaction in God that doesn't go away because of what you lack, how you're hurt, or where you're stuck.
The Practice of Contentment: THANKFULNESS
- Give Thanks for what you have. "Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything" (Ephesians 5:20)
- Give Thanks for what occupies your time during the day. "And in all you do, give thanks to God the Father" (Colossians 3:17)
- Give Thanks for your circumstances "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
Envy is defined as "a feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by the desire to have the possessions or qualities or success of another"
Envy is such a common, pervasive problem that God started and ended the Ten Commandments on this critical theme:
Commandment #1 "You shall have no other gods before me" (Exodus 20:3)
Commandment #10 "You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male/female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor" (Exodus 20:17
Envy's favorite: The Comparsion Game
Envy's Ego Driven Bumper Sticker: It's ALL about ME
Envy's Theme Song: "I want it ALL"
Cure for the "I want it ALL syndrome":
1. God is able to give me anything I ask
2. So, I ask.
3. Now there are three possibilities that can occur.
-If I get it, It's because God knows it would be good for me to have.
-If i dont get it, it's because God knows it wouldn't be good for me to have.
-If i get something different, it's becasue God knows what I need better than I do.
4. So, I can trust in God to give me what i need.
Just Remember the Quote "The Grass is GREENER on the other SIDE".... ACTUALLY.. The Grass is GREENER whereever the GRASS IS WATERED :) Think About It.....
God is GOOD... Life is GOOD..... Seek GOD and He will keep his promises to YOU.