Friday, February 11, 2011

Back Where I Come From

I was listening to Pandora while I was working and this song stuck to me for some reason and got me to thinkin' about back in the day. I miss all my friends that I left behind and I REALLY miss all of our fun chats and riding with the windows down with our music so loud singing at the top of our lungs looking over the Mississippi River. It seems like it has been forever. It was so relaxing and so much fun to just ride and sing. I miss all the dirt roads and looking out over the cotton, corn, and FIELDS from my bedroom window. The bootheel is such a relaxing place, where life seems to not be so RUSHED. That's the one thing I do miss being there and young. Being able to feel like I have TIME and LIVE.
Here in the Springfield area life is fast. People are always in a hurry, traffic gets crazy and it takes me just as long to get through the city as it did sometimes to get from my house to school. It's crazy.
My dad and step dad being farmers throughout my life and my step dad still is was such a blessing. I used to get so frustrated at those tractors on the road, but man if i could go back and live that life just for awhile it would be such a life-changing thing. I miss it. I miss the smell of the fields burning, I miss seeing the tractors plowing the fields, and i miss the COTTON!!
I love the city for the fact there is so much more to do. There is never a time you should have to be bored. We have TONS of stores, restaurants, and parks (big parks) with nice trails, even my little town has these.



Back Where I Come From


No comments:

Post a Comment